For Cancer Researchers Only
Meet our new Director of Research and Grants, welcome Domarina Oshana, PhD. Domarina (Domi) joins us to lead Gateway's efforts to fund phase I and phase II cancer clinical trials to find better treatments and cures for today's cancer patients.
Joining Domi is Adriana Rosales, as a Research Specialist. Adriana brings a wealth of knowledge about cancer research.
Contact Domarina: email@example.com
Contact Adriana: firstname.lastname@example.org
Call for Research Proposal - No active Call for Proposals right now...check back again.
Congratulations: The Winner of the 2013 Cancer researcher of the year is: Dr. Pierre-yves Dietrich
The Gateway for Cancer Research is honored to award the first annual Cancer Researcher of the Year Award to Dr. Pierre-Yves Dietrich.
“We received a tremendous response to our call for nominations as we fielded many applications from top notch researchers at leading research institutions across the world,” said Eveline Mumenthaler, Director of Research and Grants at The Gateway for Cancer Research.
“Starting out with 19 complete nominations, the six researchers selected as Award finalists stood apart with truly remarkable contributions to patient care. What’s more, the finalists demonstrated an unprecedented level of advocacy, support and service for today’s cancer patients,” said Mumenthaler.
"We are so very pleased to award the first annual Cancer Researcher of the Year Award to Dr. Pierre-Yves Dietrich," said Mumenthaler. "His work represents ingenuity, true scientific discovery and may in fact, affect a paradigm shift in how gliomas are treated. And, Dr. Dietrich and his team are passionate about the preserving the quality of life for his patients. The Gateway is honored to award Dr. Dietrich with the first Cancer Researcher of the Year Award. He truly embodies the vision and mission of The Gateway for Cancer Research." Click here to learn more about Dr. Dietrich's cancer clinical trial.
"We are honored to have eighteen nominations and six finalists nominated for the first Cancer Researcher of the Year award," said Mumenthaler. "The contributions of all our researchers to finding better treatments and cures for today's cancer patients is truly humbling."
Meet the six finalists:
Listed below are the six finalists for the Cancer Researcher of the Year Award. Click on their names to learn more about their research and their accomplishments.
• David Avigan, MD, director, Blood Cancer and Bone Marrow Transplant Program, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center in Boston
• Dorothea Becker, Ph.D, co-leader, Melanoma Program, University of Pittsburgh Cancer Institute
• Pierre-Yves Dietrich, MD, PhD, director, Center of Oncology, University Hospital Geneva, Switzerland
• Patricia LoRusso, DO, director, Eisenberg Center for Experimental Therapeutics, Karmanos Cancer Institute in Detroit
• Larry Kwak, MD, PhD, chairman, Department of Lymphoma/Melanoma, MD Anderson Cancer Center in Houston
• Omer Kucuk, MD, Medical Oncologist, professor, Emory University, Winship Cancer Institute in Atlanta